Monday, April 7

Tribute to Alaina Elizabeth




My sweet baby girl, today you would be 3 years old. How quickly the time has gone by! Your life, though short, has meant so much to us. What would you have looked like by now? Sometimes when we look at Nathaniel, we see you. His blond, curly hair and dark face is so much like yours. Would you be quiet, curious and gentle, like your baby brother? Or loud, full of energy and talkative, like your big brother? We will never know. But we do know this, that you are in the hands of God, and there is no better place to be. We thank God for your life, and though it was painful to see you go, we have a hope of seeing you again. No life, no matter how short, is ever in vain. Thank you for sharing your life with us, we have grown in love and compassion and are better people because of you. We will never forget you. We love you. Daddy and Mommy.
Here is a poem that shares our feelings.
Just Once by Barbara A. Daniels
Just Once I wish I could have spent a late night rocking you in my arms. Just Once, I wish I could have gently lain you in your crib. I wish I could have changed a diaper, chosen an outfit for the day, given you a bath, soothed your skin with lotion…Just Once, I wish I could have heard you cry out in loneliness for me, spent time alone with you, just the two of us, strolled you proudly through the shopping mall…Just Once, I wish I could have heard the words, “What a beautiful, healthy baby girl!” Just Once.

No comments: