Tuesday, October 28

Life on the Wild Side


I grew up riding a Harley motorcycle, so naturally, while I realize that overall, motorcycles carry a bit more risk than cars, they aren’t something that I fear. Healthy respect and knowledge goes a long way. And this is what I want my boys to learn, to not be afraid of things they don’t understand or have no knowledge of, but to learn about them. So we encourage our boys to sit on the motorcycle and try out the buttons and of course, wear the helmets. We do occasionally take the boys out on the bike, but only around the city. Here, Nathaniel tries on the helmet, which I suspect is about 20% of his weight. He barely manages to sit up and walk without toppling head first, but he loves the challenge. He loves to sit and pretend he is riding.

No comments: