Monday, December 1

Let the Holiday Season Begin!

Nicaraguans LOVE to party, and they show it off by their many parades and fireworks. You can always tell when December is around the corner when you hear the fireworks going off, every night, through the night....Being mostly a Catholic country, December is a pretty big month. December 8th they celebrate the Immaculate Conception, which means the whole first week of December there are parades with a statue of Mary being carried by the parishioners, and lots and LOTS of fireworks.

For us, it means lots of baking! I tried out my hand at truffles the other day for the first time, and from what I heard, they were good. (I'm not a chocolate eater, just a chocolate sniffer :) I think my boys, big and small, ate them in record time!



Also, if you look really close, you can see our little baby peeking out from my belly (I think he or she wanted a bite!). I will be posting more pictures as we both grow!

No comments: