Monday, July 6

What color am I?

As Steve and I were driving to the grocery store today, I noticed a few white guys standing on the sidewalk.

I pointed to them and said to Steve, Hey, look at those white guys! They sure stand out, don't they? (we don't see very many white people here) and then suddenly it hit me....

That is how WE look when we are out and about, walking to the park, doing our grocery shopping or just going for a stroll. I had become so comfortable here, so at home, that I forgot how different we actually look. I had actually forgotten that I was white!

2 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

Really, you stand out? I like the new look of the blog.

Sarah Gingrich said...

Ha ha ha!!! Not only do I forget the same in Chile...I actually find myself staring at foreigners, right alongside the Chileans ; ). They capture your interest...are they americans? Why are they here? Where are they from? and so on ; )