Monday, December 14

Random Pictures of Life here

I've been taking some random pictures in the city of Managua. We've gotten so used to the sights here, sometimes I forget how overwhelming and strange it all seemed when we first arrived. But with the imminent arrival of some family members, I've been trying to look around and remember what I first noticed and here's what I came up with...

People live in these shacks in Managua...made of plastic and anything else they can get their hands on


A famous statue...it reads "only the workers and farmers will go on to the end"


At intersections around the city, you can buy fruit such as oranges, mangoes, bananas, etc. as well as lawn chairs, car parts and other assorted items.


Hitching a ride...the Nicaraguan way


A truck on the PanAmerican highway, filled with firewood, headed for the city of Managua.

No comments: