Monday, January 5

Dec 25th



We had a relaxing and fun time spending Christmas day with Roberto's family. We started off with opening up our stockings and enjoying the small treats we got for one another, or as Zachariah exclaimed to me excitedly, Look what Jesus gave me! Roberto's family started to arrive around 1pm and spent most of the afternoon enjoying the food, making jokes and watching the children play (there are 4 kids in their family).

Sorry to say I don't have more pictures...after the turkey was in the oven, I spent most of the day playing hostess, and the camera sat idly on the counter top, surrounded by mashed potatoes, carrots and stuffing. And I must say that I have a new, profound respect for the pre-stuffing mix box days...I spent 2 hours bent over the Nicaraguan-height counters making 18 cups of stuffing and went to bed with a severe ache in my shoulders, but Steve said it was the best stuffing he ever ate! So it was worth it, although I doubt I'll be doing that again any time soon :)

My ever-helpful husband preparing the potatoes.

Stuffed and ready to go!

My coconut macaroon pie ready to bake. Sometimes I have the worst time lighting the matches to light the stove!! When we walk outside our kitchen we are outside, and with 2 large windows (not glass, but with glass dampers), there is such a draft, I hardly have time to light the match before the wind blows it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow: is that the sole heat source for you Thanksgiving turkey? I'm IMPRESSED!