Wednesday, June 3

Random Thoughts...

Hi all! This is just a quick listing of some of the random thoughts that ran through my head this past week, as we traveled from the US to Nicaragua.

-Lightning is so pretty from an airplane window..I just hope we don't get struck

-Man, I forgot how hot and humid Managua was

-Whoa! Can you believe he just did that?! Watch out for that pedestrian! What is she thinking? Whew, we made it through another drive of Managua

-Those kids should be in school, I can't believe they spend every day out here, begging at this intersection...what a life

-4 fans on me and I still can't sleep in this heat and humidity

-mangoes everywhere, little yellow ones, medium sized red ones, big green ones...mmm

-I can't wait to get home to Matagalpa, in the mountains...it HAS to be cooler than this!

-What is she saying? Is she speaking English or Spanish?

-Aahhhh...it feels so nice to sleep in my own bed...and it helps there is no humidity and the temp is only 74 degrees

-Keep your hand on your cup! Don't leave your food! I forgot how many flies live here

-Ooohh...mosquito bites on my little toe are the worst!

-my forearms are so sore...haven't washed laundry by hand for 3 months

-the sound of a torrential downpour on our steel roof is so...refreshing at night. It makes the best white noise ever

No comments: