Tuesday, September 8

collector's item? By Steve



I enjoy following the Philadelphia Eagles, so Saturday when we went out for ice cream I couldn't resist this unique piece of memorabilia. A street vendor walked by selling blow-up balls and other trinkets that I was not interested in, but I immediately noticed that he was wearing this hat. I didn't immediately ask him to sell it to me, but after thinking about it a bit I figured I would never have another opportunity to buy one so I chased him down and asked him sell me his hat. He looked at me a bit strangely and said, "no". I returned to the ice cream shop figuring I had tried and failed. After about 5 minutes he showed up outside and waved for me to come out. We negotiated a bit and I eventually bought it for $7.50. Granted it's not new, but I doubt whether you have one.

No comments: