Monday, March 1

Lent


What to do for Lent?

Lent came up so quickly, before I realized it, it had already started, and I had yet to decide on what to give up for Lent. I really felt like I was supposed to give up something...and put that time towards seeking God.

Lent is generally a time of searching for God. So this is a special Lent for me, as this season of my life is looking ahead to many changes, and I feel like I have so many questions for God. Where will we live? What kind of work should Steve do? What do you want as our vision, for our family? For ourselves, personally? For the rest of Lent, I hope to spend some time on my knees, and seeking God as we embrace our "new" life back in the States.

In some ways, we feel more afraid and unsettled of moving back to the US than we were when we came here. Will we fit in? Will we adjust to our new way of life? Will we forget our Spanish? and what about school for the boys? There are SO many unknowns.

There really aren't that many choices, since I don't do very much here. But in the end, I decided to give up Facebook and the internet in general, when I'm at home. I decided to put my time towards my boys, my spouse and God, while I'm at home.

So if you haven't heard from me in a while, yes, I'm hiding. Hiding with my little men and in search of the Almighty.

No comments: