Monday, January 17

The Light!

Wow, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For the past 10 days, we have endured ear infections, eye infections, strep throat, numerous doctor visits (and the doctor is 45 minutes away), allergic reactions to antibiotics, hacking coughs and fevers. All 5 of us.

We now have our own little pharmacy decorating our bathroom. Complete with all sorts of syringes and cups (which make great bath toys, by the way).

Being a mom is hard, but let me tell you that being sick AND a mom to 3 sick kiddos is 10 times as hard.

And living 8 hours away from your familiy makes it even that much harder.

But today I was able to walk up the stairs and not feel like I was on the verge of collapsing (a huge improvement from the last 8 days).

My throat is now only a dull ache (as one nurse said, strep throat is the throat you don't forget, boy was she right!) and I am sleeping like the dead.

My hubby mentioned yesterday that it feels like we fell off the map. Yeah, we did. But hopefully we'll be coming out of our hole soon.

Now if I could only sleep for the next 10 days, I think I would be totally back on my feet!

No comments: