Wednesday, February 22

Today we begin Lent...

Has it truly been 6 weeks since I last posted?  My world has shrunk considerably these last few months...mostly due to my son's apraxia and sensory issues.  I hope to give an update this week, as well as explain my "small world" of late.

Lent was not a season that I grew up with..I don't remember hearing the word "lent" until I attended college, and it was a nebulous term.

As the years roll by, it is a word that has entered my consciousness gently, and I feel God inviting me to think seriously on this season.  For me, lent is a special season where I learn to refocus my life on Him, and purposefully incline my ear to hear His voice.  and pray that this becomes my habit year-round, not only for 40 days.

I want to share another blogger and her ideas for Lent...she has quite a list, and some of her ideas were quite unique.  You can click on the link HERE.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I'll be praying for your son, Collene.
I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

Debby said...

Life is so, always give us shut the doors and windows, but closed at the same time for you to open another door, only to discover ourselves, laugh, nothing could not pass.