Sunday, October 24

Fondant and Why my brain is Mush

Well, my adventures continue with the cakes decorating. I've been dying to learn more about fondant, and just couldn't wait until the next class starts in a few weeks, so I bought a ready-made pack and used it to make a cake for a housewarming/baby shower get-together.

So here it is! It was fun, but hard work. I forgot to put in the Gum-Tex and whew! Talk about a forearm workout. I won't make that mistake again :)

A few photos from the farm. Nathaniel is our dirt boy. He is definitely a farmer boy. He loves to get dirty, throw dirt and make a mess.







The baby of the family. He is finally, finally starting to feel better, thank GOD. It has been a long and exhausting 3 weeks of runny noses, cough, ear infections, medicines and sleepless nights. I felt like I was back on newborn schedule. Today, although he still has a runny nose, he actually seemed like himself. Good timing, too, because I was starting to forget what my happy baby was like. So if I didn't call you or email when I should have, told you the same story 2 or 3 times, and gave you a blank look when asked a complicated question, like what I did yesterday, well, now you know why. My brain has turned to a puddle of sleep-deprived mush. I'm hoping the situation will remedy itself soon.



My boys playing frisbee, enjoying the beautiful warm weather. Zach really got into throwing the frisbee under his leg. Always ready for a challenge!

No comments: