Monday, November 29

Blessed beyond reason




Just a photo gallery of our Thanksgiving holiday. We drove 10 1/2 hours north to see my family, and I am thoroughly convinced that the trip gets harder every year.

Besides eating the customary fare, we stopped at an incredible Dinosaur Park in Connecticut, that showcases an actual slab of dinosaur footprints. There was a kids area, in which they could make bookmarks with embossed dinosaur tracks, pick a 15 or 30 min movie to watch, and learn more about the area's dinosaur finds. We all really enjoyed ourselves.

We played Apples to Apples, which we initially learned to play while in Nicaragua.

I made pecan tassies and am trying to teach myself control in the eating of them (they are absolutely to die for!!!)

I bought 2 pairs of black shoes, which takes the total of shoes I have up to 4 pairs.

AND I enjoyed some girl time with my best friend, a rare thing these days. We counted back to the last time we had gone out by ourselves, and it has been 8 years. 8 YEARS. Yes, it was time. We ate at Panera Bread, went shopping, and talked about...pretty much everything. It was so relaxing and fun.

We also celebrated Zach's first birthday with my family here...hard to believe he will be 7 already!

The time went by way too fast, but as I was tempted to complain about all the laundry I have to catch up on, I thought of all the people around the world who only have 1 or 2 pairs of shirts, or pants. And then I realized how blessed I am, that I have several loads of laundry to wash. And that we have a vehicle. And that we can afford to buy gas to make the trip north. We don't skip meals because we don't have the money. Fasting is optional.

Yes, we were so thankful, for so many people and things, this Thanksgiving.

No comments: