Wednesday, November 17

Moving....again!

Since we decided to stay a bit longer than originally planned, we've been on the hunt. The look out. Keeping our eyes open and put out some feelers.

And it amazes me that after 10 years of marriage, two people can see things so...differently.

Somehow I thought after all these years we would merge together and think alike and basically never disagree on anything again (note the dripping sarcasm here). But seriously, I was surprised at how our expectations and wants differed. Time to pull out the serious communication tools!

Shortly after starting the search, a possibility opened up, but I was hesitant. It isn't located near the city. It's actually in the middle of nowhere. Just surrounded by farms. And I really wanted to live in the city. I mean, really bad. But after several weeks of phone calls, reading the newspaper, writing emails and seeing houses, it has become clear that this is not what God had in mind. And I started to realize that if we lived in the city, that I probably would not rest as much as I need to. There are so many amazing and wonderful ministries in the city. Art galleries, coffee shops, First Friday and holiday traffic. Yes, it's busyness to the max. And exactly what I do not need right now.

So at this point, we've decided to move to some temporary housing while the other house gets a few fixings. This temporary housing is made possible by a generous family who ministers to missionaries on furlough by offering a fully furnished basement apartment. (pssssttt, if you are looking for a ministry to get involved in and have a large basement, you might consider turning it into short-term housing, there is a great need for this!)

We're hoping to be "permanently" moved into the house in the middle of nowhere by Christmas. (that's what I'm calling it now, the house-in-the-middle-of-nowhere).

So be praying for us as we adjust to yet another move, and yet another move. Fortunately for us, the kids think of this as a great adventure (they were asking tonight, oohhh we get to sleep in a new house tonight?!! with eyes popping out of their heads and megawatt smiles)

No comments: