Wednesday, December 15

Cakes, Crafts and bucket bathing

Here are just a few pictures of my latest cake creations and craft items I am currently working on. I love learning about crafty items and how to make and create beautiful things. I'm hoping to learn how to knit and crochet, and hopefully bring some of this knowledge down to Nicaragua and share with the women there. They have fabric stores with yarn and so forth, and some thread for cross-stitch pieces, although not in the quantity here.

First a picture of me and my funny guy...he's the comedian in our family. He loves to make people laugh.



A cross-stitch piece I'm working on. I plan to post more pictures as I progress. Can you guess what it will be? I had given a few classes on cross-stitch in Nicaragua, but I really need more time with the women and more consistency. One of our plans with the demonstration farm is to have a space to offer classes, in sewing, embroidery, nutrition, etc.



"bucket" bathing....not quite how they do it in Nicaragua, but close enough :) This is how we bathed our kids when they were babies. Of course, they were much smaller then, and actually fit inside the bucket!



and here is my latest cake creation...isn't it fun? My boys were so jealous that this cake wasn't for them :) We hope to raise funds while here in the States, and decorating and selling cakes is one way I hope to do that. So if you know anybody that needs a cake, please email me!


No comments: