Wednesday, December 8

Happy Birthday Zachariah!











Today my oldest turns 7 years old.

I can hardly believe it. It seems like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with him. I was shocked. Total disbelief. I thought I had read the test wrong.

I called Steve at work, and his first words? No way!

It's a good thing pregnancy lasts 9 months, because I needed the WHOLE 9 months to get mentally prepared to be a mom.

And of course, I was one of those women that go into the hospital, only to be told, Go home, because I was in early labor. While I was having lots of nice contractions every 2-5 minutes, they weren't doing too much. Go home, they said. You'll be back in about 10 - 12 hours to have your baby.

24 hours, 36 hours, and finally, 40 hours later, I went back to the hospital.

I hadn't slept in 20 hours. I was tired. Tired of having contractions. Tired of being pregnant.

I was SO ready to meet this little guy. Nothing scared me at that point.

And 6 hours after entering the hospital, I did just that.

And you know what? They are right. It is SO worth it.

No comments: