Monday, December 6

Crayola Craziness

My boys are on a coloring, painting, drawing spree, an unprecedented mountain of creativity from all 3 of my boys. My house is literally strewn with construction pages and pieces of construction pages, in all sorts of colors and shapes. The trail leads from the kitchen and dining room, into the living room, and on into their bedroom.

They color on the table, on the floor, and in their beds. They get up at 6 am to color before we leave for school. They want to color in their pajamas as we turn out the lights.

The other night, I heard a small noise come from the boys' room, a good hour after we had put them to bed. I peaked in to see Nathaniel on the floor, coloring and using the light from the open door. He meekly asked if he could finish before going back to bed. I couldn't refuse.

It is so wonderful to see such creativity at young ages. With so many colors, there is no limit to their imagination. I can't help but wonder if they will continue on to other stages, or if one of them will continue this path and make art a lifelong passion. Thank goodness for washable markers and paints! Now I just need to figure out what to do with all this paper.

Below is the "trail" of artwork, starting with Artist #2.




and finally, the reason for all the picassos...

No comments: