Monday, July 18

What to do First

Lately I've been asking myself the question, What do I do first?

It feels like there are always a million things to do, and several of them should be done right now.  Like...

the laundry

dishes

playing with my kids

paying the bills

making some phone calls

writing a few letters

unpacking

and then the myriad of other things that would be nice, but so often get swept to the side, such as

writing on my blog

taking photos

getting time away for myself

getting time away with my hubby

cleaning the house

playing the piano

finishing my cross-stitch pieces

learning how to sew

working on a garden

cutting my sons' hair

and on and on it goes....

While I was pondering over this dilemma today, I heard God say to me, Why don't you take a moment with ME?  Follow ME first, and I will give you all these things.  I will give you peace.  I will direct your paths.

No wonder it felt like too much.  I've been trying to do it all without God.  I had left Him at church...but suddenly, life didn't seem so overwhelming, I felt at peace, and I realized what needs to be done first.  So please excuse me while I go spend a few minutes on my knees.

No comments: