Wednesday, September 21

Accidents DO happen

This afternoon I promised my boys we would do a treasure hunt after supper.  While they cleaned up the table, I put my artistic skills to use and drew up a map and clues.

As they ran around the house, trying to find the clues, there was an enormous BANG!! and I thought the house was falling apart. Running outside, I was thankful to see the house still standing.

But shocked to see a pick-up truck had T-boned our parked car, pushing it up onto the sidewalk.

Apparently the guy came around the curve and spun on the wet road. He felt bad; at least his truck was still driveable.  I guess that is why they call them accidents.  Please, be careful when driving on wet roads!



2 comments:

Sarah Gingrich said...

Oh no! So sorry, Colleen! I know insurance will cover things, but it's still quite inconvenient :(. Let me know if you need to borrow our van!

Colleen said...

thanks so much for the offer!! Steve found out today that the insurance covers a rental car, so we'll be getting that tomorrow. Steve has been carpooling with a buddy who lives a few miles down the road. I guess if I was super-spiritual I could reason that God doesn't want us to have a vehicle :)