Saturday, February 20

10 months

Time is really flying by…in a lot of ways. Our 3 yr term ends in just 5 months, Steve will be 31 in a few weeks, and Sebastian just turned 10 months. 10 months !

Sebastian is a good baby, very tranquilo, as they say here. He doesn’t sleep as much as I’d like, but he’s happy when he is awake, and so very curious! He loves to feel things and touch everything and everybody, especially their faces. He pokes his chubby fingers into their eyes, noses and ears. Thankfully people here LOVE babies, so they just laugh and give him raspberries on his hands.



He now sports 2 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth that threaten to come through any day. He can also stand alone and is quite capable of walking…but he is too timid. He is very cautious, which is probably a good thing, since the one daredevil I have is already giving me gray hairs. One more and I’d probably be completely gray by the time I turn 35.


I never would have thought that my most premature baby would turn out to also be the biggest. Boy does he eat! I think Zach and Sebastian probably eat about half of our food budget. I don’t know where he puts it all, since he doesn’t really have any rolls.

I love the fresh fruits here. Right now, oranges, mandarines and avocados are in season, and mangoes are right around the corner. We bought 25 oranges for $0.75!


I tried to get a picture of him standing alone, but every time he sees the camera, he thinks, Ooh, so shiny! I must have it! and comes for me.


He is such a miracle, literally. Sometimes I look at him and feel…amazed. And humbled. There were so many days, and nights, that I wondered if I would ever get to meet him, alive, and bring him home. I’m so grateful to God that HE allowed me the privilege of caring for this precious bundle. To God be all the glory.

1 comment:

Seth and Sarah said...

Wow Sebastian sure has changed since we saw him in December...babies do change quickly. Hard to believe it was a year ago you guys were in the states praying for this little one and now he is so big and healthy. GOD IS AWESOME!!!