Saturday, February 20

Perfect? or just HUMAN?

I’m having one of those days. You know, one of THOSE. Where I feel so….HUMAN.

When one of my little alarm clocks woke me up (we have never had to set an alarm clock, unless we woke up before 5 am, since Zachariah was born, I’m not kidding!), I just wanted to roll over and start the night all over. I felt grumpy all day. Snapped at my hubby, didn’t play with the kids, made a mess in the kitchen and didn’t clean up, and didn’t make supper. And I really didn’t feel like doing my devotions or praying to God. By the time I flopped into bed, I thought, What a day! Everything just went so wrong. I feel like such a failure as a mom, and as a person. Why do some days have to be SO hard?

But not every day is like that.

Some days, I get up early, read the Bible, help get Zach off to school, play with the kids, get some work done, make supper, go to aerobics, read books to the boys, have a wonderful heart-to-heart chat with my man, and peacefully drift off to sleep.

Why can’t all days be like that? It’s funny how some days, I feel like superwoman. I can do anything, I can do it all!! And then the next, I fall flat on my face, and feel so 100% human and wonder how I will ever survive until I get to bed.

I guess that is one of the reasons I love God so much. Because no matter if I’m having a superwoman day, or a very human day, His love for me NEVER CHANGES. And his grace is sufficient.

2 comments:

Sarah Gingrich said...

Oh can I ever relate. I'm having a doozy of a day right now! God spoke to me through it though...of how very much I need Him. And lots of grace. Blessings, sister!

Colleen said...

So you're not superwoman either, huh? :) Yes, it seems the days that I fall, are the days I am humbled (if I can cast aside my pride) and realize how much I still need God, too. One day at a time, I guess.