Monday, February 15

Sweet Dreams



I’m not a very good sleeper. Well, not usually. I am a better sleeper now that I have 3 little boys. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that 2 out of the 3 boys aren’t great sleepers either.

But at least I have one good sleeper. I can always count on him to not give me any trouble in this area. He sleeps great all night and doesn’t have bad dreams. He drifts peacefully off to sleep for his naps and can sleep just about anywhere, and in any position. When he sleeps, he sleeps DEEPLY. We can move him from one area to another without ever seeing an eyelid open. One of his favorite positions is what I call, the Prayer. He looks like he is doing his noon prayers, kneeling on the floor and his head touching the bed, except he does this all night long. Perhaps he’s extra spiritual, heehee.

He sometimes reminds me of the cats we had growing up. All stretched out, paws above their heads, or over their heads, hind feet sticking straight up. Are they actually asleep like that, I wondered? It was good free entertainment just watching them sleep. I don’t have any cats now, but I sometimes get a good laugh over the places, and the positions, in which Nathaniel falls asleep.

I recently joked that Nathaniel sleeps like a campesino (farmer). Campesinos are known to be able to sleep in anything, be it a crib, small cot with 2 other people or on the dirt floor. It’s an ongoing joke around here.

Instead of just standing in the doorway and chuckling at Nathaniel in one of his weird positions, I decided to take some photos…just to show you what he looks like. Looks pretty cozy, eh? I might just join him...

No comments: