Wednesday, May 5

New Style

check out Zach's new style...



He's pretty proud of losing his first top tooth.

Losing his teeth is actually going really well. I remember thinking about this, years ago, when his teeth were coming in, with a sense of horror. I wanted to order tranquilizers, THEN. He was a horrible teether...I seriously think we went through bottles and bottles of ibuprofen, from the time he was 6 mo until he was 2 yrs old. It was awful...and all I could think about was how bad it was going to be when his teeth were ready to fall out.

But you know what? It's actually gone really well. He is very excited about his teeth coming out. I think it helped that a lot of his friends started losing their teeth before he did, and it was seen as something "cool". He started asking when his teeth were going to come out. He started wiggling them all around and "helping" them to fall out.

After Zach lost his first tooth, Nathaniel kept pointing to his teeth and showing me the teeth that had "come out" as well. He did this for at least a week, but finally realized that he hadn't lost any. I just told him, You're time will come, soon enough. don't be in such a rush to grow up...I just want to enjoy you as you are!

No comments: