Monday, April 18

Happy birthday 2 you, Sebastian!

Well, it's hard to believe that my "baby" is two years old.  I guess he really isn't a baby anymore, but for some reason, that name sticks.

"Come here, baby!" I call.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask.

I will probably still be calling him that when he is 30 years old and has children of his own.

I thought about doing decorations.  I thought about doing a fancy cake, a Noah's ark cake, but in the end, I decided to just enjoy the weekend with my man and keep it simple.





This is for you, "baby".  You are truly our miracle baby.  The doctors never expected you to see the light of day, or if you did, to not make it home.  But you did, and you are here, at home with us, healthy and full of laughter.  I will never stop thanking God for you.  It was worth all the pain, all the contractions and sleepless nights.  Worth all the steroid shots.  And even worth the emergency C-section that didn't go so well.

You are worth all that....and MORE.

Looking forward to another year with you and enjoying every moment, for who can say when will be your last?

3 comments:

Dale, Florence, Caleb & Joel said...

Ha ha, Colleen...I call our Joel "baby" all the time, too. Except now that he's 3 he's decided I can't call him that anymore and will correct me if I do (no mommy, I'm not baby, I'm Joel; no mommy, I'm not baby, I'm big boy). So I have to watch myself and try to remember not to call him that to his face; but I think he'll always be my baby, too.:) BTW, I can't believe how much the boys have grown in 9 months since we last saw them, Sebastian and Nathaniel especially!

Flo

KarynHof said...

He's so big, Col!! I can't believe it!! He's grown so much since you were here at Thanksgiving! He looks like a little boy now, rather than a baby! Happy Birthday Sebastian from your Auntie Karyn who love, love, loves you!!

Colleen said...

Isn't he a big boy? That is the sad part about children, that they grow up so quickly! He is such a ham, just like his older brother :)