Thursday, April 7

Happy Birthday Alaina!

Happy Birthday, my dear sweet girl!

Your brothers are so excited about celebrating your birthday today.  Nathaniel asked if you like dinosaurs, and I told him you did, so he made you a dinosaur card.  Zach wants to help me make a cupcake and blow out the candles for you.  All 6 of them.  He asked me yesterday if you can smell the flowers he picked for you, and I told him, Yes, you can smell the flowers.

 photo: me at 4 months of pregnancy, 3 months before she was born

photo: holding her for the first time.  She died a half hour later.

I can't wait to see you again, baby girl.  Whole and healthy and full of life.

Until we meet again...

2 comments:

Sarah Gingrich said...

There are no words. But....Happy Birthday, Alaina, dearly loved one who celebrates with the Most High.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and remembering. She was born on Rod's birthday and died on Meghan's. We will never forget you Alaina, Happy Birthday!!