Sunday, May 29

Karyn's Fundraising Page

I want to introduce you all to my amazing friend Karyn.
We've been friends for almost 18 years...that's over half my life!! 


She recently joined Team-in-Training, a charity that helps train runners, walkers, triathletes, cyclists and hikers to raise funds for research for a cure for cancer


They state on their page: If crossing the finish line after running or walking 26.2 miles or 13.1 miles, cycling 100 miles, completing a triathlon or hiking adventure while helping cure deadly diseases are things you've always wanted to accomplish, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training ® will make them happen.

Karyn's reason for joining?

On August 7th, 2011 I will be running with my great friend Meredith Sherman (pictured above) in the Providence Rock N’ Roll Half Marathon as a member of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training Program. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of my Uncle, Bobby Warren, who lost his battle to cancer recently, and the brave heroes and families who are currently in the fight for their lives or the lives of a loved one. But I can't do it alone!! I need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

So if you'd like to support her or donate to her half-marathon, click on My Fundraising Page
Karyn (at left) shows off her new Team-in-Training T-shirt
(and no, I do not get any funds or money by promoting her cause :)

No comments: