Wednesday, March 23

Color

The colors of spring are so vibrant, so intense, especially after a dreary winter's gray and brown. 

In Nicaragua, color can be taken for granted, as it can be seen almost year round.  Too soon, the dazzling flowers and green mountains lose their appeal, and life goes on.  

And so it is in life, true?  When we go through a dreary or painful time, either emotionally or physically, when we come through the other side, how wonderful it feels!  How alive we are! 

I'll never forget how wonderful it felt, physically, to not have constant pain and contractions after I delivered my baby.  I felt like a new person.  I so appreciated the ability to walk down to the car without wondering if I was going to make it.  Or play with my children without struggling to keep a smile on my face, in the midst of great pain.  

Maybe that is why sometimes God allows difficult seasons, so we can learn anew, to appreciate once again the beauty all around us. 

To appreciate LIFE.





I had to throw in my latest cake creation...the flowers were particularly fun!



No comments: