Tuesday, March 1

A weekend to remember



This past weekend, my man and I went away to a Weekend to Remember conference, put on by Family Life, and it was SO worth the money.

It was absolutely amazing and life changing. AND, I have never laughed so hard in my life! I seriously had tears running down my face at one point.

We walked away feeling renewed, encouraged and inspired. Whether you are engaged, newlyweds, married 10 years like us, or have been married for 50 years, the words you will hear at the conference will revitalize your marriage.

Just a few tidbits from the weekend....

from the Men's session: abdicating or abusing your responsibilities as a husband is taken seriously by God (ref. Malachi 2:14-15). If we (men) abdicate our responsibilities, we force our wife to learn to live without us. If we abuse our responsibilities, we force our wife to either run or retaliate.

Speaker: Turn to your spouse and look deep into their eyes. Now say, I'm looking at the second most flawed person in this room.

There is more at stake in your marriage than just your marriage. Your marriage reflects the love of God to the world.

Sex is a thermometer, not a thermostat (of your marriage).

Love and confrontation are NOT opposites.

and so much more...

We ended the weekend by standing, holding hands with our spouse and looking into each others' eyes, and repeating our wedding vows. It was so precious. Many couples were deeply touched.

I hope to pull several blogs out of what we learned this past weekend.

So check it out at Weekend to Remember (they have them all over the country, and no, I do not get paid to talk about them :)

No comments: