Saturday, March 5

On Letting Go




Here I stand, on the edge of a cliff, barefoot, my toes clinging to the edge as small rocks tumble down, gulped up by angry waves. It's a long way down.

I feel the wind playing with my hair, wrapping it around my face, smell the salt and close my eyes. A whisper comes to me, quietly riding the wind. I strain my ears to catch the voice, but it eludes me.

I open my eyes and look out over the horizon. Dark swirling clouds, far away over the ocean, reveal a large and strong storm. And it looks to be heading this way. The roar of the waves, crashing against the rocks below, compete with the howling wind.

"What am I doing here?" I think to myself. As I turn to leave, the wind suddenly dies down, and I hear the voice, once again, my ears tingling.

"Do you trust me?" HE asks.

"Trust you?" I hesitate, unsure if I have heard correctly. I don't have to ask WHO it is. I know His voice. I've heard His voice for over 25 years now. But only the silence answers me.

My eyes drift to the horizon and the black clouds. They are coming for me. For ME.

"What do you want from me?" I ask.

Again the voice, stronger this time, gentle but confident, asks me, Do you trust me?

Inside, I struggle.

I want to trust. I want to be unafraid. I want to love and to be loved, completely and without bonds.

I turn back to the edge of the cliff, and look down, watching the white-capped waves beat against the rocks, angry and unforgiving.

"Then...let go", He says.

"LET GO, and trust ME".

I close my eyes, feel the wind around my face, the rocks under my feet, the salt in the air, and lift my hands.

And let go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Col! Just let it go into His Healing Hands........He can handle it all! Praise His Holy Name!

Judah said...

Wow, I felt that read.

Colleen said...

Good, that was the plan :)